A data structure provides a way of organizing and storing data in a computer. Different types of data require different way of storage and representation. For example, you will need an array to store a unique-id for students of your college, you want that id to be updated automatically when a new student is added. This is what data structure provides. It provides a way to store and access different types of data. Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Tree, Graph etc are different data structures that stores the data in a particular way so that we can access and use the data efficiently. In this course, we will learn in detail what a data structure is, which are the different types of data structures, what operations they support and how we can create them using C++.
Module 01- Introduction
Concept of Structured data - Data structure definition, Different types; Algorithm: Definition, Algorithm Analysis, Complexity, Asymptotic Notation, classification of data structures, Arrays – Memory allocation and implementation of arrays in memory, array operations, Applications -sparse matrix representation and operations, polynomials representation and addition, Concept of search and sort – linear search, binary search, selection sort, insertion sort, quick sort.
- Lesson 1 : Introduction to Data Structures
- Lesson 2: Algorithms – Definition and Algorithm Analysis
- Lesson 3: Complexity of an algorithm
- Quiz 1- Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
- Lesson 4: Classification of data structures
- Lesson 5: Array- The simplest data structure
- 5.1. Memory allocation and Implementation of Arrays
- 5.2. Array Operations
- 5.3. Application of arrays- Sparse matrix representation and operations
- 5.4. Application of arrays- Polynomial representation and addition
- Quiz 2: Arrays as a data structure
- Lesson 6 : Searching– linear search, binary search
- Lesson 7: Sorting – selection sort, insertion sort, quick sort.
- Quiz 3: Searching and Sorting