- 22 students
- 8 lessons
- 13 quizzes
- 10 week duration
“Evolution of Literary Movements: Cross Currents of Change” is a Complementary Course with the Code ENG4CMT04.
To enable students to have a notion of the evolution of literature and to help them perceive the interplay of social processes and literature.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
By the end of the course it is hoped that:
1. Students will be competent to understand literature against the backdrop of history.
2. Students will be inspired to contribute dynamically to historical and literary processes.
Module I: Literature and Revolution
a.The French Revolution and Romanticism This section traces
- The French Revolution
- The French Revolution: Causes
- The ‘Philosopes’ of the French Revolution
- Rousseau and Kant
- England in the Eighteenth Century
- Reading ‘The Solitary Reaper’ as a Romantic Poem
- Reading ‘Kubla Khan’ as a Romantic Poem
- Write a detailed note on ‘The contribution of thinkers to the French Revolution’.
- Who are known as the ‘profane trio’ of the French revolution? WHy?
- Analyze the contribution of Rousseau towards education.
- Write a social commentary on the 18th century France.
- Write a detailed note on the Romantic Revival with reference to the Lyrical Ballads.
Module II: Literature and Renaissance
Module III: Literature and Liberation
IDEA Pitching Assignment
Kindly fill in the form by clicking on the link given below. The form is to gather the next big idea that has the scope to bring in a difference. It need not be related to your field of study only.