- 0 student
- 24 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
The quantum of energy, associated with the wind is enormous. With today’s technology, wind is an environment friendly and economically viable source of energy, which can be tapped in a commercial scale. Wind energy is basically the kinetic energy of large masses of air moving over the earth’s surface. Blades of the wind turbine receive this kinetic energy, which is then transformed to mechanical or electrical forms, or can be used for various purpose depending on our needs.
- To facilitate the students to achieve a clear conceptual understanding of technical and commercial aspects of Wind Energy.
- To enable the students to develop managerial skills to assess feasibility of alternative approaches and drive strategies regarding Wind Energy.
On completion of this course, the students will be able to exhibit
- Conceptual knowledge of the technology, economics and regulation related issues associated with wind energy
- Ability to analyse the viability of wind energy projects
- Capability to integrate various options and assess the business and policy environment regarding wind energy projects
- Advocacy of strategic and policy recommendations on usage of wind energy
- Students will demonstrate strong conceptual knowledge in working of Wind Turbines, power generation, transmission, energy management, environmental issues and benefits, financing and regulation, and sustainable development.
- Students will demonstrate effective understanding of functioning of Wind Energy sector.
- Students will demonstrate analytical skills in identification and resolution of issues pertaining to Energy management, power generation, transmission, environmental issues and benefits, financing and regulation, and sustainable development.
- Students will exhibit the ability to integrate technical, economic, social and regulatory frameworks for Wind Energy sector planning and resource management.
Introduction to Wind Energy
This module narrates the historic development of wind energy technology along with its present status and future prospects.
Wind Turbine Technology
It is now time to focus on the wind turbine itself. In this module you will learn about basics of Wind Turbines and different wind turbine designs including the Horizontal and Vertical Axis Wind Turbines. When you have completed the module, you will be able to understand the advantages and disadvantages of different wind turbine designs.
Analysis and Measurements of Wind energy
‘Analysis and measurements’ is about different ways to measure the wind and how to to interpret wind observations. When you have completed this module, you will be able to analyse measured wind data and determine the mean wind speed and turbulence.
Aerodynamics of wind turbine
This module on ‘Aerodynamics’ will outline the fundamental principle of a wind turbine along with aerodynamic theories and you will learn what makes it turn. When you have completed the module, you will be able to carry out calculations of thrust and power for a wind turbine.
Wind energy conversion systems
It is all about the Wind Energy Conversion Systems (WECS ). In this module you will learn how the wind turbine works and how it converts wind energy in to various forms. This module also explains about the Wind electric generators, wind farms and wind pumps. When you have completed the module, you will be able to acquire basics knowledge about the WECS.
Environmental factors and Economy of Wind Energy
In this module you will learn about financial and environmental aspects during the entire lifetime of a wind turbine. When you have completed the module, you will be able to understand the environmental benefits and problems of wind energy and also will be to perform simple calculations for assessing wind farm projects and for calculating the cost of energy from wind.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings